Utilizing Gary Gray’s science based approach, Ocean Physical Therapy offers a unique rehabilitation program emphasizing functional 3D movements to restore both mobility/movement and stability/balance in your body.
Physical Therapy is not just rehabilitation, it is also prevention. That is our reason for offering injury prevention programs and screening to target those areas that could, potentially in the present or future, prove to be especially important to your sport or activity performance.
What to Expect:
1. Your first step will be to complete your new patient forms and have an initial evaluation with one of our licensed Physical Therapists where he/she will assess your impairments (i.e. where you have limited motion and where your strength is deficient).
2. Your Physical Therapist will then design an individualized program for you to restore your body’s normal motion and strength; it may consist of soft tissue and joint mobilizations, stretching, exercises, and range of motion.
3. At each visit you will perform your program. Your therapy team, under the supervision of the Physical Therapist, will assist you by overseeing and progressing your program as well as working hands-on if needed, which includes joint, soft tissue mobilizations, and massage, all to cater to your specific goals.
Your treatments may include any of the following:
• Applied Functional Science (from The Gray Institute)
• Body mechanics training
• Balance training
• Soft tissue mobilization
• Joint mobilization
• Strain Counter Strain (SCS)
• Stretch-To-Win/Fascial Stretch Therapy
• Pro Muscle Release (PMR)
• Activities of daily living (ADL) training
• Modalities (i.e. ultrasound, electrical stimulation, traction)
• ART type therapy
Conditions that we treat include:
• Orthopaedic injuries (ex: Osteoarthritis)
• Sports injuries (ex: ACL, Meniscus, Rotator Cuff, Ankle sprains)
• Neck injuries
• Back injuries (ex: Disc pathologies (HNP), Sciatica, Stenosis, Anterolisthesis/ Retrolisthesis)
• Overuse injuries (ex: Tennis elbow, Golfers elbow, Biceps Tendonitis)
• Pre and post-op care (ex: ACL/ meniscus repair, Lumbar, thoracic, or cervical fusions, Hip replacement, Knee replacement, Rotator cuff repair, Hip and shoulder labrum repairs)
• Balance deficits/ generalized weakness
• Preventative care/planning
• Pregnancy related pain
• Women and men’s health related dysfunction/pelvic pain
• Motor vehicle injuries
• ACL/ meniscus repair
• Lumbar, thoracic, or cervical fusions
• Hip replacement
• Knee replacement
• Rotator cuff repair
• Hip and shoulder labrum repairs